Supply Technician - Anticipated
Supply Technician provides warehouse supply support for the Western Area Power Administration (WAPA). This position is responsible for shipping, receiving, inventory management, material coordination, inventory cataloging and all other warehouse functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for the integration of CNI Core Competencies into daily functions, including: commitment to integrity, knowledge / quality of work, supporting financial goals of the company, initiative / motivation, cooperation / relationships, problem analysis / discretion, accomplishing goals through organization, positive oral / written communication skills, leadership abilities, commitment to Affirmative Action, reliability / dependability, flexibility and ownership / accountability of actions taken.
Responsible for all warehouse functions; receiving, issuing, inventory management, shipping, stocking, conference room set-ups and warehouse housekeeping.
Performs work using forklifts, hand trucks and other material handling equipment.
Performs storage management, cataloging, property utilization, shipping and receiving.
Orders stock for replenishment of supplies, answers phones, takes orders, assists customers, and performs clerical functions, such as filing, mail, logs and creating, updating and maintaining spreadsheets.
Responsible for inventory management of decentralized items, including supplies, and equipment.
Performs stock replenishment activities that may require investigation to include coordination with the various functional areas in the organization.
Performs material coordination duties for substation and transmission line maintenance, construction projects, and other special projects.
Writes item descriptions for a wide range of new items entering WAPA’s supply and property management system.
Reviews existing stock catalogs, manufacturers’ catalogs, drawings, or other resource materials to identify duplicate items already catalogued or otherwise recorded in the supply and property management system.
Other duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- Stock replenishment using credit card procedures and requisitions
- Maintains filing system of warehouse documents
- Assists fleet manager with vehicle shuttling
- Assists customers with warehouse stock requirements
- Completes receiving reports for finance
- Performs warehouse specialist duties in their absence, ie, receiving, issuing etc.
- Assists Federal staff in credit card reconciliation
- Provides clerical assistance for all warehouse staff
- Provides purchasing support for janitorial and landscape contractors using credit card procedures and requisitions
- Orders supplies for main office supply room
- Receives materials ordered on purchase orders and credit cards
- Delivers and or notify customers of materials received
- Restocks warehouse shelves
- Identifies stock in need of replenishment and notify order clerk
- Conducts annual physical inventories
- Analyzes stock for continued use
- Performs data entry into Maximo Inventory System
- Prepares all shipments notifying tuck line sand do all necessary paperwork
- Routine housekeeping functions, sweeping, dusting shelves and keeping aisle ways clean and free of debris
- Performs all conference room set-up changes
Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company.
Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description and supervisor’s instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output.
Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and co-workers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and human resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions to the best of own ability.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and ten (10) years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Forklift. Experience in managing warehousing and inventory control procedures. Maximo Inventory System experience preferred.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
Ability to follow directions and work independently or with a team
Ability to understand the operations of WAPA
Ability to be reliable in attendance / punctuality
Ability to practice and promote required safety standards
Skilled proficiency conducting audits and utilizing quality management systems
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Ability to persuade others to accept recommendations and to negotiate to find mutually acceptable solutions
Ability to organize work, set priorities, and determine resource requirements
Organization, problem-solving, resolution and critical thinking skills
Customer service and relationship-building skills
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.